Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't find a way to aggregate and compile data

Hello all,

I'm trying to get data from multiple tables to expose a summary.

I'm having multiple tables with a status column that can have 5 value (blocker, waiting for, approved, ready for approval, image needed) and I want to see how many of each status I got in overall.

Screenshot_1.png

I can't figure out the proper SQL needed as I have limited knowlegde on that matter.

Here's a sample how one data table

Screenshot_2.png

Anyone would know how to retrieve this data from multiple table and compile them?

Thanks!

1 answer

Hi @Julien Senecal ,

Please follow my example.

Step 1 will be to wrap every mini table with statuses into the Table Excerpt macro and assign it any name you want (it will be Test for my example):

Thu 5-1.png

Thu 5-2.png

Step 2 will be to nest our macros inside each other directly for Server/DC or with the help of the Table Toolbox for Cloud:

Thu 5-3.png

Step 3 is to collect all your tables with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macro:

Thu 5-4.png

Step 4 is to merge your mini tables into the one big result table with the help of the Table Transformer macro (choose the standard Merge preset):

Thu 5-5.png

Thu 5-6.png

Step 5 is to count your statuses with the help of the Pivot Table macro:

Thu 5-7.png

And as an optional step 6 you can visualize your pivot with the help of the Chart from Table macro:

Thu 5-8.png

Hope this helps your case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,752 views 8 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you