Can't find a way to aggregate and compile data

Julien Senecal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2021

Hello all,

I'm trying to get data from multiple tables to expose a summary.

I'm having multiple tables with a status column that can have 5 value (blocker, waiting for, approved, ready for approval, image needed) and I want to see how many of each status I got in overall.

Screenshot_1.png

I can't figure out the proper SQL needed as I have limited knowlegde on that matter.

Here's a sample how one data table

Screenshot_2.png

Anyone would know how to retrieve this data from multiple table and compile them?

Thanks!

1 answer

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Julien Senecal ,

Please follow my example.

Step 1 will be to wrap every mini table with statuses into the Table Excerpt macro and assign it any name you want (it will be Test for my example):

Thu 5-1.png

Thu 5-2.png

Step 2 will be to nest our macros inside each other directly for Server/DC or with the help of the Table Toolbox for Cloud:

Thu 5-3.png

Step 3 is to collect all your tables with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macro:

Thu 5-4.png

Step 4 is to merge your mini tables into the one big result table with the help of the Table Transformer macro (choose the standard Merge preset):

Thu 5-5.png

Thu 5-6.png

Step 5 is to count your statuses with the help of the Pivot Table macro:

Thu 5-7.png

And as an optional step 6 you can visualize your pivot with the help of the Chart from Table macro:

Thu 5-8.png

Hope this helps your case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events