Can’t edit permissions on space as confluence admin

Jolie Segev-Gal May 8, 2023

We have a specific space that we can’t change permissions on - I have access to the permissions page and can edit them but when I click on “save changes” the button becomes gray and nothing happens, when I refresh the page the changes don’t apply. I am the confluence admin so it can’t be a permissions problem.. 

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is the fact that the space contains a large number of users with access to it, so maybe there is a limit on the number of permissions you can give to a space?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jolie Segev-Gal December 13, 2023

Hi! Update on the issue- opening the page from edge worked for some cases but not all and didn’t solve the problem.. we found the cause was a specific group’s name that had bad chars or something. The way we found the bad group was by opening ‘inspect’ of the permissions page after clicking ‘save permissions’ and an error pops up with the bad group’s name. After removing the group everything worked fine!

1 vote
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi @Jolie Segev-Gal 

What is the confluence version, what browser do you use ? Have you try using another browser ?

Regards

This problem is not specific for me but for everyone using the space, and it only occurs on this specific space and all the other ones work as usual, so it can’t be related to the chrome version or browser type.

The Confluence version I use is - 6.14.1

I stand corrected - I tried using edge and it actually worked, I will try replacing the chrome version as well.

very weird glitch but at least I can make it work now. Thank you!

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

It may be related to this issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-39701

Regards

Like bonsai bot likes this
0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

@Jolie Segev-Gal  When you look at confluence permissions settings is the Anonymous box check to allow to change permissions temporarily or your confluence admin profile listed under the individuals allowed to make changes. Because if you are not allowed to make changes as a Confluence Admin on that page then it might not recognize your profile and not save the changes. 

It is a strange glitch but it happened to me recently. I will check back for your response.

The anonymouse checkbox is not checked but the admin user does have permissions on the space. Also, this problem is not specifically for me as admin but in general on the space - no one with admin permission on the space can save the changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events