Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit my pages or edit any thing! Emergency help!

Netset February 15, 2021

I have updated my confluence to 7.11.0

Collaborative editing is on!  

Everything work ok! But I can't edit my pages; I get this problem!

Cause

org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Hibernate operation: could not execute statement; bad SQL grammar []; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: PROCEDURE confluence.content_procedure_for_denormalised_permissions does not exist
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:101)

caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: PROCEDURE confluence.content_procedure_for_denormalised_permissions does not exist
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

Please help me how to solve the problem because I need to change sensitive information on my site otherwise it will cost me alot if not changed! 

5 answers

0 votes
Jing Kang August 13, 2021

please provide a way to recreate the procedure.

0 votes
Netset February 20, 2021

Note: If I upgrade from 7.10.2 to 7.11.0 with mariadb (not in docker) it works fine.

If I take backup  from the upgraded version from mariadb and restore it to mysql (in docker)

then confluence 7.11.0 works fine (Confluence with DB in mysql docker)

0 votes
Netset February 20, 2021

Hi,

I get this message when I tried upgrade Confluence from 7.10.2 to 7.11.0 With Database in mysql in docker!

Then I took abckup of the datbase from mysql in docker and restored it to mariadb installed in Linux CentOS 7! The upgrade worked fine then. I could even upgrade 7.11.0. to 7.11.1 in database in mariadb. I repeated the upgrade procedure again with db in mysql in docker I get the same message. 

the tables recovery twice then I get that about  nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: PROCEDURE confluence.content_procedure_for_denormalised_permissions does not exist

in confluence_home/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Netset 

• When did you get this message? 
  • When you log in, when you save a page or when you want to edit a page? 
  • Does it occurs on any page or just some special pages?
  • Are you the only one with this problem? 

The error message says something like there is a problem with the encoding in the database. 

Here is a similar post: installation error BadSqlGrammarException Hibernate operation 

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events