Can't delete Space due to lack of permissions

Patrick Müller November 17, 2019

Hey there,

I'm relatively new to Confluence and when i set up my account, i also created a space. Now I don't need it anymore, so i wanted to delete it. But it seems like there is a problem with the permissions. I am the org admin so I should have admin access to that space. But as you can see in the following screenshot, it only refers to a "former user".

So I don't really see a way how to delete this Space. Thanks in advance for trying to help me :)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-17 um 19.22.02.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2019

Hi @Patrick Müller ,

Welcome to Community !

If you are using confluence cloud free then your instance is affected by below Atlassian bug.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68319

Please vote or watch the above bug ticket to get further updates on it.

Thanks,

Avinash

Seems like this is exactly the issue I have! Many thanks for your help and hopefully this gets resolved soon :) 

0 votes
Jeffry Gamba November 17, 2019

Hi @Patrick Müller 

I guess you are using Confluence Cloud. With regards to permission, you should ask your Confluence administrator to delete the space or add delete space permission to your account. If you are granted admin access doesn't mean you are granted with all the permission. Maybe you have admin access but the access to delete has been removed to you for security reasons. The best way is to ask your Confluence admin regarding your access or request to delete the space.

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for your answer, but the problem is that I am the admin. I created the org where this space is in. So if I don‘t have permissions to delete, no one in this org has...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events