Can't create new pages

GRUBE KG IT-Team January 7, 2021

Hello everyone,

we are hosting our confluence on a debian server, in december I performed a database change (from trial DB to mySQL) while configuring SSL while upgrading to a newer confluence version (7.3.2). I did everything exactly like the many confluence guides said and if errors occured I was able to fix them.

Unfortunately I am not able to create new pages since then (infinite loading). There are no errors in the page itself, nor in the error log. Now the interesting thing is: If I open the page to where the button is leading manually (xyz/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=EB&src=quick-create") the side loads without issues.

Of course I already red some of the others "Cant create pages" threads and did some troubleshooting myself, but I am unable to find the error. I dont know if it matters but we are using Refined plugin for custom themes.

What I already tried:
- restart services
- reboot
- reindex content
- fixed all warnings in the error log
- different browsers/ emptying cache

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hi @GRUBE KG IT-Team I know you mentioned there is nothing in the logs... what logs did you check? Server logs, browser console, network communication...?

Hi Martin,

I checked the error log in the confluence installation dir.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

It can be usefull to check other resources. As I suggested, your browser's console and network communication can be a good start.

Thanks, that was already useful since 2 warnings and 1 error appear after clicking the button. Can you detect something useful in there?

errorconfluence.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

@GRUBE KG IT-Team unfortunatelly not, I'm sorry. I was hoping for anything more obvious like wrong certificate or something... :( I would be happy to help further but I think it will require deeper analysis. Did you try to contact Atlassian's support?

Okay thanks for your help anyway, I think it got me a step closer to the solution. I'll just wait for some more answeres or try to figure it out myself. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events