Can't create how to articles and meeting notes in confluence 5.5 running on centos 6.5

I'm using confluence running on centos 6.5 in our company using the embedded database. It was working fine till last day. We added a lot of stuffs into it. But last day I just disabled the firewall from the GUI. Then I turned it back on but when I checked the IP tables there was no port 8090 opened it. I opened port 8090. So, I can access confluence remotely. But the problem is I cant add how to articles and meeting notes. How will I resolve this issue. Is there any chance for database to be full of memory since I haven't migrated to production environment yet. Please give me a helping hand to resolve the issue. Thanks.

2 answers

Hey Jerin,

The embedded database is quite troublesome since even restarts can cause you to lose data, I want you to access you Confluence and then try do the following.

1. Access you Confluence.
  2. Try to create a space.
  3. Send us a screenshot of any error from the UI and attach the <Confluence Home>\logs\atlassian-confluence.logs
Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

Hey thanks Deividi. Below is the screenshot and attached is my files in the confluence logs folder. Please find it. Look froward to hearing from you.

() () () () ()

Hey, how could I attach the log files here. I tried the "upload" and the "code" option but none of them working.

(test.txt)

It's the upload option, which is working for me :(.

Could you search in your logs for ERROR and see what you have in there?

Thanks and Regards,

Hey Deividi, I tried several times but I could upload the file. When checking the error messages there are lot of error messages. Couldn't figure out exactly which error message corresponds to the issue I mentioned. So, could you give me an email address or something so that I can send you the actual log file as attachement. My email id is jerinabraham333@gmail.com.
Thanks.

Hey Jerin,

Since the problem were the BASE URL, which we addressed trough a support case, do you mind to mark this question as answered :)?

Only now I notice you were the customer I worked on Friday :p.

tks,

David

How could I close this ticket ?

It's simple, near the upvote, downvote button, next to my answer you should see anotehr option, that is the one you choose to accept my answer as the correct one :).

Thanks and Regards,

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

380 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you