Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create how to articles and meeting notes in confluence 5.5 running on centos 6.5

Jerin ABraham July 24, 2014

I'm using confluence running on centos 6.5 in our company using the embedded database. It was working fine till last day. We added a lot of stuffs into it. But last day I just disabled the firewall from the GUI. Then I turned it back on but when I checked the IP tables there was no port 8090 opened it. I opened port 8090. So, I can access confluence remotely. But the problem is I cant add how to articles and meeting notes. How will I resolve this issue. Is there any chance for database to be full of memory since I haven't migrated to production environment yet. Please give me a helping hand to resolve the issue. Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2014

Hey Jerin,

The embedded database is quite troublesome since even restarts can cause you to lose data, I want you to access you Confluence and then try do the following.

1. Access you Confluence.
  2. Try to create a space.
  3. Send us a screenshot of any error from the UI and attach the <Confluence Home>\logs\atlassian-confluence.logs
Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

Jerin ABraham July 28, 2014

Hey thanks Deividi. Below is the screenshot and attached is my files in the confluence logs folder. Please find it. Look froward to hearing from you.

() () () () ()

Jerin ABraham July 28, 2014

Hey, how could I attach the log files here. I tried the "upload" and the "code" option but none of them working.

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

(test.txt)

It's the upload option, which is working for me :(.

Could you search in your logs for ERROR and see what you have in there?

Thanks and Regards,

Jerin ABraham July 29, 2014

Hey Deividi, I tried several times but I could upload the file. When checking the error messages there are lot of error messages. Couldn't figure out exactly which error message corresponds to the issue I mentioned. So, could you give me an email address or something so that I can send you the actual log file as attachement. My email id is jerinabraham333@gmail.com.
Thanks.

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2014

Hey Jerin,

Since the problem were the BASE URL, which we addressed trough a support case, do you mind to mark this question as answered :)?

Only now I notice you were the customer I worked on Friday :p.

tks,

David

0 votes
Jerin Abraham August 10, 2014

How could I close this ticket ?

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2014

It's simple, near the upvote, downvote button, next to my answer you should see anotehr option, that is the one you choose to accept my answer as the correct one :).

Thanks and Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events