Can't copy text with Ctrl-c

Can't copy text with using shortcut Ctrl-c when selecting text from Confluence. It always creates a new page. It's annoying.

2 answers

Hi,

"c" is the keyboard shortcut for creating a new page. However, CTRL+C should copy the selected text.  Are you using Windows, Linux, or Mac?  And does it happen if you use a different browser?

Using Windows 10 Home Edition. Also happens in Chrome & Firefox (latest versions)

Just to test, if you disable keyboard shortcuts in Confluence (see here if you don't know how), does CTRL+C copy the text?

I ask because CTRL+C isn't a combination picked up by Confluence other than for copying text, so we need to find out if there is a browser, keyboard or O/S problem through a process of elimination.

When disabeling keyboard shortcuts in Confluence I can select and copy text with Ctrl+C. (windows 10 home edition - Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99)

Hi,

If you can use CTRL+C normally when the Confluence keyboard shortcuts are turned off, this rules out it being a Chrome or O/S issue.  For some reason that combination is triggering the Create Page function, which means this is an issue with Confluence (or possibly an issue with Confluence and the latest version of Chrome/Firefox, although I've got those as well and this issue doesn't happen for me).

There aren't any recent issues publicly logged about CTRL+C behaviour, so it's possible this is something local to your instance.  You'll have to log a support call with Atlassian and ask them to investigate.

Hi,

we are also facing this problem. It shows up with windows 10/7 and all common browsers and also on mac (el capitan, sierra) and all common browser. When you have keybord shortcuts enabled and try to copy marked text with ctrl+c or cmd+c it always interpretes the input as c for creating a new page. Other keyboard shortcuts like m for comment or e for edit in combination with ctrl or cmd does not trigger the confluence shortcut. Confluence Version 5.10.4 with the latest version of refined wiki theme.

greetings

frank

0 vote

Greetings,

According to several cases with the same behavior, it turns out the RefinedWiki is the culprit of this issue. Can you please temporary disable it and verify if that's the case for you ?

If yes, please do make sure that you've updated to the latest compatible version. If no, I would highly suggest reaching out to RefinedWiki support team for this.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you