Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't copy text with Ctrl-c

Matthijs Burki November 21, 2016

Can't copy text with using shortcut Ctrl-c when selecting text from Confluence. It always creates a new page. It's annoying.

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Soo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2016

Greetings,

According to several cases with the same behavior, it turns out the RefinedWiki is the culprit of this issue. Can you please temporary disable it and verify if that's the case for you ?

If yes, please do make sure that you've updated to the latest compatible version. If no, I would highly suggest reaching out to RefinedWiki support team for this.

Cheers,

Jonathan

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Hi,

"c" is the keyboard shortcut for creating a new page. However, CTRL+C should copy the selected text.  Are you using Windows, Linux, or Mac?  And does it happen if you use a different browser?

Using Windows 10 Home Edition. Also happens in Chrome & Firefox (latest versions)

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Just to test, if you disable keyboard shortcuts in Confluence (see here if you don't know how), does CTRL+C copy the text?

I ask because CTRL+C isn't a combination picked up by Confluence other than for copying text, so we need to find out if there is a browser, keyboard or O/S problem through a process of elimination.

When disabeling keyboard shortcuts in Confluence I can select and copy text with Ctrl+C. (windows 10 home edition - Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99)

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2016

Hi,

If you can use CTRL+C normally when the Confluence keyboard shortcuts are turned off, this rules out it being a Chrome or O/S issue.  For some reason that combination is triggering the Create Page function, which means this is an issue with Confluence (or possibly an issue with Confluence and the latest version of Chrome/Firefox, although I've got those as well and this issue doesn't happen for me).

There aren't any recent issues publicly logged about CTRL+C behaviour, so it's possible this is something local to your instance.  You'll have to log a support call with Atlassian and ask them to investigate.

Frank Seebach November 24, 2016

Hi,

we are also facing this problem. It shows up with windows 10/7 and all common browsers and also on mac (el capitan, sierra) and all common browser. When you have keybord shortcuts enabled and try to copy marked text with ctrl+c or cmd+c it always interpretes the input as c for creating a new page. Other keyboard shortcuts like m for comment or e for edit in combination with ctrl or cmd does not trigger the confluence shortcut. Confluence Version 5.10.4 with the latest version of refined wiki theme.

greetings

frank

Deleted user May 15, 2018

Yes, I confirm. Windows 10, browser Opera, Ctrl+C create new issue. There are many co-workers have the same problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events