Can't change personal space name

Mohamed Sleem February 26, 2018

Hi 

I have read the KB article Customize your Space and followed the instruction to change a person space name, but when I get to the part after clicking "Edit space details" I find I can only edit Description, Status, and Home Page. The Site name is not editable.

Changing Personal Site Name.png

Can some one confirm that this can be done, and how?

Kind regards

Mohamed

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2018

You can't change the name of personal spaces.  They show the name of the user it belongs to.

Mohamed Sleem March 5, 2018

Thanks Nic

The user had somehow registered with the wrong name. My guess is when he responded to the invite, the systems originally took his name from the users email address which is despatch@companyname.co.uk. 

I have been able to change the user name to their real name via the Atlassian account profile so they now come up as the correct name when creating content and commenting, but looks like they created their personal space while they where still called Despatch on their personal profile.

So to confirm there's no way to change the users personal space?

Do I have to delete the space and create another one?

kind regards

Moh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2018

That's correct, all you can do is remove and re-add.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events