Can't add pages

Daniel Reyzman March 16, 2020

I have created a confluence space, but I am unable to add pages. The + symbol to add a page is simply not there. I have created the space myself and have admin rights, yet don't see it. Why?

2 answers

1 vote
Ludovic_Petrenko March 28, 2020

I have the same issue, I use the cloud version with the free plan.

I am the administrator of the site, and I am in every permission groups.

I tried to add a page to an existing space and it didn't work, I deleted it and recreated it and it still didn't work.

It used to work by the past and I don't believe there was any permission modification in between.

The "add" button is not here, I tried on Chrome and Firefox so it's probably not a browser issue.

I see a few error messages in the browser console, but none seem pretty relevant to that issue, even tho I might be wrong.

mhl March 29, 2020

I don't see an "add" button or any pages at all on my first space. I created another space, and it has some default pages where I can add sub-pages with no problem. Then I realized that I cannot just copy the roadmap I created with the Roadmap Planner Macro from the first space to my second space, so I'm looking for ways to create a new page on my first space. But there are no pages where I can add a sub-page to...

Johnrey Girasol November 24, 2020

Any update on this? Pretty much exactly happening to me now.

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

Hello @Daniel Reyzman ,

In the space permission scheme, space management and page creation are two different options. Have you added the permission to create pages for yourself?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/assign-space-permissions-724764762.html

TIM截图20200317120614.png

Daniel Reyzman March 17, 2020

I have checked the settings and it does show that I have the permissions turned on 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2020

Sorry for late.

Could you upload a screenshot of your confluence?

Johnrey Girasol November 24, 2020

Any update on this? Pretty much exactly happening to me now.

Shelly.Willoughby January 21, 2021

I had the same problem so I came here to find resolution.  Since there was none, I went back and realized that I could hit the "Create" button in the top menu of my space to create the page.  It was available in the side navigation once I published it.  

01-21-2021 9-31-25 AM.gif

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events