Can't add new user

jun.terada.ke November 9, 2017

Hi.

When I regist a new user account, Confluence don't regist the user.

Then error Message is displayed. The cause section of error message is "com.atlassian.confluence.core.InsufficientPrivilegeException: User [confadmin] does not have the required privileges.
    at com.atlassian.confluence.user.DefaultUserAccessor.addMembership(DefaultUserAccessor.java:197) "

Present number of registered users is 5.  I can register until 10 users.

I restarted server machine, but nothing changed.

I also tried user registration on other client machines, still it didn't change. 

Does anyone have any information?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

What user directory are you using?  What is this "regist" process you are going through?

jun.terada.ke November 9, 2017

003.jpg

User directory that I use is Confluence internal directory.

The picture below is the capture of the user registration screen.

002.jpg

Sorry, the Language is japanese.

And the picture belw is error screen.

003.jpg

What other information do you need?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

The Japanese display is fine - it's the "internal user" and a healthy "add user" screen, rather than the words on it, that really helps narrow it down.

I think you have run into this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-22778

jun.terada.ke November 15, 2017

Hi, Nic.

Thank you for your reply.

You are right. There is no "confluence-users" group.

I would have deleted "confluence-users" group, because I am the only one who manages Confluence any more.

I think that it was an accident, but I'm ashamed to do such a thing.

Anyway I was helped. Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

No.  That is not right. 

You tried to do something in the right way, and ran into a problem that you could not know about, and that is not your fault.

There's no shame in running into a problem that someone else caused.  If I were you, I would be proud, not ashamed.  You have made a lot of Atlassian stuff work for your users, you are trying to fix all the things that are not working, and you're asking when you get stuck. When asking for help, you give us the information we ask for.

I wish I'd had admins like you for the last <many> years.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events