Can't access page - 'Page Not Found'

Norman Walter August 12, 2019

Hey everyone!

We have an issue with a Confluence page that shows up in the sidebar in the page tree but can't be accessed. When you click on the link, you get a 'Page Not Found' page. The 2 hints ("The page doesn't exist" & "The page exists, but you don't have view permission for that space") don't help, as the page exists (cause I have the link to it in the sidebar and also can reorder it) and I have full permissions on the Space. It's also not listed in the 'Restricted Pages' section.

The 'Page Not Found' page shows a URL of the following format:

https://<our-onpremise-confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=225566911

We want to delete the page - or at least get rid of the link in the page tree.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks, Norman

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

Hi @Norman Walter,

based on your post, you are "only" a space admin and no global Confluence admin, correct? If yes, please ask one of your Confluence administrators if they are able to access the page - they could then check for permissions or other weird configuration of the page.

I recently experienced a similar case where rebuilding the ancestor table helped in the end.

Are you using any apps in that space?

Cheers,
Matthias.

Norman Walter August 13, 2019

Hey Matthias,

I've tried with Confluence admin and System admin permissions - without any success.

As I can't access the page, I can't change its page permissions. But I don't find it in the 'Restricted Pages' anyway.

Rebuilding the ancestor tables didn't change anything, unfortunately. This cron runs daily anyways.

Feels a bit like a database issue.

Best,
Norman

agixgaldes November 16, 2021

Did this ever get resolved?

Henrik Gerdtsson June 7, 2022

I have the same problem after upgrading to Confluence version 7.18.1 and PostgreSQL 12.

Did anyone ever find a way to fix it?

Like # people like this
Mark April 27, 2023

Running into a similar permissions issue after a recent Confluence upgrade. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events