It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can script runner be used from confluence in order to display summary (aggregateExpression) ?

Roger Oberg Jan 08, 2014

Hi!

What a great plugin this is!

I wonder if anyone know if you can use this plugin/jql within confluence to display e.g. the sum of a originalestimate??

For instance this query:

project = TEST and issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Estimate for all Issues", "originalEstimate.sum()")

If you use the query now with the jira issue macro, it simply displays the jira issues from the query which is no what I want in this case.

BRs

Roger

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA Jan 08, 2014

Hi Roger...

Thanks for that comment. Unfortunately that would be far from straightforward. When you run aggregateExpression it actually makes two requests to JIRA - one to get the search results (where aggExp is a no-op), and then one to compute the actual expression you want.

Some javascript writes the expression output below the search window. Therefore it is not much use in other contexts such as export to excel, or from a confluence request etc.

There are probably various other ways to do this, but first thing that comes to mind is writing your own gadget - not for the faint of heart.

Sorry about that...

Roger Oberg Jan 08, 2014

Ok, it s not solving my problem then. But thanks for the quick answer!

2 votes
Frank RK Mar 16, 2015

Hi,

is there any progress in this issue? My managers want to see some aggregated figures from certain JIRA queries in confluence pages (or JIRA Dashboards)

BR Frank

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,294 views 8 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you