Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can script runner be used from confluence in order to display summary (aggregateExpression) ?

Roger Oberg January 8, 2014

Hi!

What a great plugin this is!

I wonder if anyone know if you can use this plugin/jql within confluence to display e.g. the sum of a originalestimate??

For instance this query:

project = TEST and issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Estimate for all Issues", "originalEstimate.sum()")

If you use the query now with the jira issue macro, it simply displays the jira issues from the query which is no what I want in this case.

BRs

Roger

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi Roger...

Thanks for that comment. Unfortunately that would be far from straightforward. When you run aggregateExpression it actually makes two requests to JIRA - one to get the search results (where aggExp is a no-op), and then one to compute the actual expression you want.

Some javascript writes the expression output below the search window. Therefore it is not much use in other contexts such as export to excel, or from a confluence request etc.

There are probably various other ways to do this, but first thing that comes to mind is writing your own gadget - not for the faint of heart.

Sorry about that...

Roger Oberg January 8, 2014

Ok, it s not solving my problem then. But thanks for the quick answer!

3 votes
Frank RK March 16, 2015

Hi,

is there any progress in this issue? My managers want to see some aggregated figures from certain JIRA queries in confluence pages (or JIRA Dashboards)

BR Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events