Can only access confluence on one network?

I have Confluence running on Cent OS. We have two networks: development and production. Confluence is available on the developement network, however it is not available on production. Why would it be available on one network and not another? Perhaps it something with the Tomcat server? I appreciate any leads that can be offered.

1 answer

1 vote

It's not the Tomcat, unless you've done quite a lot of configuration work on it. In fact, it's unlikely to even be the server (again, unless you've put some effort into blocking stuff deliberately). The most likely culprit is simply that the production network isn't configured to see the server you're running confluence on.

Simple test - try nslookup <your server> on both networks. If they come back with the same IP address, good, then try tracert and ping that server. I suspect you'll find there is no route to the production server, or it doesn't respond because the network is not able to reach it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,011 views 22 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you