Can not start synchrony service.

teisyun November 16, 2020

I can enabled Confluence Collaborative Editor Plugin, but can't get the configuration page to start the service.

It simply errors out, but not much information for troubleshooting.

Any hint to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Hi @teisyun 

Which version do you use for confluence server? You tagged version 4.7.1, but collaborative editing is available only from version 6.0.

Did you mean 7.4.1? Did you check this documentation?

What do you mean by "errors out", can you share a printscreen?

Regards, Dominic

teisyun November 17, 2020

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry, the version was a typo, it is actually 7.1.0.

When I enable the plug-in and go the configuration page, it simply show like the screenshot, and I can't do anything about it.

When I check the log file, there was nothing about synchrony, and the service is not started.

I'm stuck...

confluence_error.PNG

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Ok, this is strange and the cause could be anything...

Here is a list, what you can check: 

I would check: 

• Check you can edit a page
  • Check the logs
  • Restart Synchrony

Let me know if this helped.

teisyun November 18, 2020

Thanks Dominic,

My question is how to restart Synchrony other then from the Collaborative Editing configuration page, as it is not responding...

There is no log for Synchrony, as the service is not started.

Thanks,

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2020

This is tricky

• Did you try to restart confluence completely? 
  • Did you try to use another browser or incognito mode? 
  • Is there any log in the atlassian-confluence.log file? 

Perhaps this helps:

Regards, Dominic

teisyun November 19, 2020

Hi Dominic,

Really appreciate your help!

I have tried all I could think of, include deleting the pid file and clearing the cache folders, and the pid file won't get recreated, as I can't start the synchrony.

only thing can be found in the atlassian-confluence.log is "cannot connect 8090" which is because the synchrony is not running.

is there any configuration files that I can delete to restore synchrony to default setting?

If there is not other way to fix it, I will try to reinstall the confluence, hope it will overwrite existing configuration.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2020

Hi @teisyun 

Now, if you tried everything, I've also no clue what the problem is...

Perhaps, it would be good to go to the atlassian support:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Regards, Dominic

teisyun November 23, 2020

@Dominic Lagger 

Again, thank you for your help.

FYI, it turned out that the above error was because the "Synchrony Interop Bootstrap Plugin" wasn't enabled.

Someone disabled the Collaborative Editing plug-in, which also disabled the Synchrony Interop Bootstrap Plugin, but when re-enabled the Collaborative Editing, it didn't also enable the Synchrony Interop Bootstrap Plugin, so it was left as "disabled"

After re-enabling the Synchrony Interop Bootstrap Plugin, everything now is working again.

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

Hi @teisyun 

I'm happy for you that now everything is working fine! 

Regards, Dominic

Rod Falcon Plaza November 17, 2021

I am facing the same issue, how did we re-enable the synchrony interop bootstrap plugin? Sorry but i did not see it in this thread.

Like Bas van Ooteghem likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events