Can not prevent email notifications from Team Calendar

Bryan Russell Jansen April 3, 2018

I cannot get team calendar to stop emailing notifications to users who are not subscribed or watching the calendar. 

Background:

Team calendar is linked to a page and a space but users who are not watching the page or space or the calendar are receiving email notifications.

What I have tried:

1) Use Deleting All Calendar Subscriptions function

No effect

2) Reset link in Subscribe to calendar setting in the calendar

No effect

3) Removing the calendar from the page is it embed in

No effect

4) Creating a test space and searching for the calendar reveals the calendar has 22 subscribers but I can't see who they are.

5) Have users follow the link under "You're receiving this notification because you're watching the following:" in the notification email

No effect. It brings them to the calendar and reveals they are not watching the calendar

What am I missing?

(We are currently running 5.5.4)

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi, Bryan.

In order to be able to assist you more effectively, please provide us with the following information:
* Do you experience this issue with both personal calendars as well as Calendars that were created by others?
* Do all users experience this issue or is it limited to specific users/groups?
* Have there been any changes made to Team Calendars or Confluence recently?
* Do you receive any error messages when attempting to unfollow the calendar or does it just not appear to respond?

At the same time, can you try the following and see if the issue persists:

Choose ellipsisto the right of the calendar name and select Stop Watching.

Bryan Russell Jansen April 4, 2018

* Do you experience this issue with both personal calendars as well as Calendars that were created by others?

It is isolated to one calendar, other calendars appear immune.

* Do all users experience this issue or is it limited to specific users/groups?

All users seem to be getting emails from the calendar

* Have there been any changes made to Team Calendars or Confluence recently?

Updated from version 5.3.19 to 5.5.4 yesterday but issue is immune to update (aka occurred before update)

* Do you receive any error messages when attempting to unfollow the calendar or does it just not appear to respond?

No error message, but users who get the email notification choose  ellipsis which shows  Watch not Stop Watching. Due to the volume of users I have not been able to check all users.

Bryan Russell Jansen April 4, 2018

If I create a new test space and use the Add Calendar function, I can view the existing calendar which will shows me xx subscribers but I cannot see who they are. And the Deleting All Calendar Subscriptions function has no effect on this number.

Bryan Russell Jansen April 17, 2018

Any ideas, Suren?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events