Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get access to a document that my co-worker shared with ne

Taylor Turner January 13, 2022

Hello,

My coworker is attempting to share a document with me. I will get the email invite that says 'So and So' has invited you to edit the document. However when I click on the link it says  'you are restricted' Which makes no sense. My coworker can't seem to figure it out because the page he is trying to share has no privacy limits, etc.

What are we doing wrong? 

2 answers

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Taylor Turner Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

It is possible that you do not have space permissions, in that case the space admin should grant you access to edit pages at the space level. Once that is done, you should be able to edit pages within that space.

Taylor Turner January 13, 2022

Hi- We are having trouble finding how to do that? From there account we click share 'space' and I am still getting the same issue that I stumbled upon a restricted space. 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Taylor Turner 

If you are space admin, follow below steps to add permissions to individual users -

1. Go to the space in Confluence Cloud.

2. Select Space Settings from the sidebar.

3. Select General from the Space permissions card.
    1. The Space permissions card is only visible if you're a space admin in that space.
  4. Select an Edit Permissions button (under Groups, Individual Users, or Anonymous Access).
  5. Find the row in the list for the user or group you want to grant or revoke a permission for.
  6. Check the box to grant a permission. Uncheck the box to revoke a permission.
  7. Scroll to the end of the page and click Save all to apply all the changes you've made.
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Hi @Taylor Turner Hope you have you got this sorted.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

Hi @Taylor Turner,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The first thing I would check is that you have access to the space in which your coworker created the page. Then the next step would be to check if any of the parent pages have view restrictions on them, the easiest way to do that is using the permission inspector that you can get to if you click on page restrictions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events