Can no longer copy and paste links. Bug?

Dennis Carr December 6, 2021

Hello, I've found that I can no longer copy and paste links when I am editing a page. Instead, the link is removed from the pasted text, as seen below:

confluencebugdemogif.gif
This, of course, makes it very tedious to reorder these lists as I need to reapply the link url each time I copy and paste. Does anyone know a workaround that I can use to get around this?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Dennis Carr , I am not experiencing this issue, which doesn’t help you much. Have you tried other browsers? Are others in your team experiencing this? If it is repeatable open a request with Atlassian Support.

Dennis Carr December 7, 2021

Yes, it is repeatable for other team members, and on at least 2 browsers. I'll open a request, thanks.

Phil Bower January 5, 2022

I am also experiencing this. Thank you @Dennis Carr for sharing the animated gif above. It helped me figure out that it is related to the fact that the link is also styled as bold. I tried removing the bold styling from the link and then the copy and paste of the link worked!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

@Phil Bower , good sleuth work and quite interesting. @Dennis Carr , can you confirm? If so please share with Atlassian.

Dennis Carr January 5, 2022

@Jack Brickey @Phil Bower Yes that is the case for me as well! Nice job finding that, Phil.

Unfortunately, I've found that Atlassian only allows system admins to open support tickets, so I had to open a ticket with my company's IT department so that they could open a ticket with Atlassian for this issue. Needless to say, communication has been cumbersome so if one of you could report as well it might get fixed faster.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2022

i have flagged this post.

Like # people like this
Dennis Carr January 5, 2022

Thanks!

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2022

Hi Dennis,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for raising this with Atlassian Community. The behavior you encountered is a known bug, and you can follow the resolution in the ticket below:

• CONFCLOUD-69859 Pasting in front of bold text loses the formatting of the pasted text 
  • Update: CONFCLOUD-73377 please vote on this ticket instead.

It's currently on our short-term backlog, so I hope we can see a resolution in an upcoming release. See our Cloud Bug Fix Policy for details on how we address bugs.

To answer your concern about raising support tickets, we require that either a product or site admin submit the ticket. For many issues, we will need approval or access to the site, and basic users don't have those capabilities. So, you will need to get in touch with either a Confluence or site admin if you need to contact support. The admin can include you as a participant, and we can help you from there. See our Atlassian Support Offerings for more details. 

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Take care, 

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

Thanks for the update @Shannon S 

Like Shannon S likes this
Atlassian user January 7, 2022

Hi Shannon

I cannot acesss the page to upvote it. 

Thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Atlassian user,

Thank you for pointing that out. It appears the bug was set to Atlassian Staff because the example was from our internal Confluence site.

The cloned ticket is here: CONFCLOUD-73377  

I added an internal comment explaining the reason for the duplicate, so please add your votes to the above case.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Like Atlassian user likes this
Radoslaw Cichocki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2022

@Shannon S I am getting:

obraz_2022-01-14_102926.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2022

Hi @Radoslaw Cichocki _Deviniti_,

The cloned ticket retained the permission settings of the original. I corrected that and you should now be able to access CONFCLOUD-73377  with no issues.

Let me know how it goes.  

Shannon

Radoslaw Cichocki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2022

@Shannon S thanks, it worked and I voted for it.

Like Shannon S likes this
1 vote
Atlassian user January 7, 2022

While Atlassian is fixing it,  the only workaround I found is 

1. Use HTML editor such as https://onlinehtmleditor.dev/

2. Paste your content in the plugin MacroSuite - EasyHTML

0 votes
Michael Hoffman August 10, 2022

Can this be prioritized? Its been seven months and its still happening, but now it happens with any link, not just one with a bold styling. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2022

The open issue is showing as long term backlog. You might comment on the ticket.

Atlassian user August 10, 2022

@Michael Hoffman 

Yes this issue was really painful when I constantly need it daily.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events