Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can logged in (but unlicensed) Service Desk users comment on Confluence articles?

Anna Alabau April 27, 2020

Hi all

Sorry if this is already solved somewhere but can't find it. The issue I have is the following:

We have Jira Service Desk set up (one per client with multiple users per "customer") so clients can report bugs etc. We also have spaces associated to those Service Desks so they can consult documents related to their websites (how-to, guides, etc.).

Some of those documents require either:

• general comments for the article and/or
  • inline comments

I'm aware that licensed users can add comments generally and inline, but can't find a way to see if logged in users can comment on the articles they can see in their service desk workspaces.

I've tried to find the service-desk-users group in permissions, but it doesn't find a match.

I've tried to find a customer with access via their email in Individual users but no match either.

And I can't make the articles view for unauthorised users as it's not our intent.

Can somebody cast any light on this?

Many thanks

Anna

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi Anna,

I realize that this is an old post and very likely you have moved on. However I wanted to try to answer this for future searchers. In order to be able to comment on pages in Confluence one needs to be licensed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events