Can i build a table from other tables

Hi,

I'm trying to create a page with a table with rows from other tables.  For example, I want to create pages that contains a dynamic list of all the firewall rules that are pulled in from pages that contain application specific firewall rules.

Ideally I wanted to do it this way so that I can make the application owner responsible for his page - but only his page.

I thought I'd be able to use a combination of labels and macros, but, I'm struggling. 

I can create a page that drags in all the other pages - but that's a bit messy as its a page with lots of headings and multiple tables.

I can create a page with a list of excerpts - but I lose the headings for the table.

Is there a different way of thinking about this?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, you could consider you will have a lot of data management activities and see whether Play SQL Spreadsheets answers your need:

• You will be able to create and modify tables,
  • You will be able to display them in other Confluence pages,
  • You can use a filter on the macro, so application owners only see records related to their application. You can even display records as a form instead of a table - see the free addition Play SQL Forms.
  • Since the tables you create are actual SQL tables, you can define complex queries to report on this data.

Disclaimer: I'm the author of Play SQL, but I genuinely consider it is worthwhile considering this plugin as an option.

This widget could not be displayed.

Unfortunately I use a vanilla instance that is shared across an organisation and its not that easy to plug other bits it.

Seems to be a common theme to the questions I ask.... buy another module.  I can understand the extensibility model, but, beginning to wonder if the suite is as cheap as it seems if everything I try to do is another module.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

149 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you