Can i align the column totals in the same line as values in each column in table filter?

Sandhya Srinivasan September 21, 2020

1. Created a page and included a table of 5 columns with values and wrapped them inside page properties. Further warpped inside Table filter. Provided label.

2. Created another page with a table of the same 5 columns with values and wrapped it inside page properties. Futher wrapped inside Table filter. Provided label

3. Created summary page and included page properties report macro to bring in the two pages created above.

4. Wrapped it with table filter. Provided operation for column totals.

I see column totals are NOT aligned in the same line with the individual pages valu

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi @Sandhya Srinivasan,

Due to numerous requests from our customers, the Table Filter total values are aligned to the right (not to the left or center). This fully corresponds to the spreadsheet documentation guidelines.

So, we can recommend to use right alignment for your source tables as well.

I created the source tables right aligned wrapped with page properties and table filter. In the summary page, when i click page properties report edit or table filter edit,  the source tables are shown as left aligned in preview and on save as well.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you so much for your reply. I have other questions around it.

when we create tables and right-align the columns, any new row added later by the user, does not automatically take the right alignment, is it?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Here is an example of the left-aligned table with Page Property macro:

PPR left.pngHere is a right-aligned table:

PPR right.pngAnd here is the combined table created with the help of the Page Properties Report macro:

PPR combined.pngAs you can see, PPR copies the native alignment of the data - so your users need to use right alignment in all the source tables. You may try to predefine your alignment in your page template if you use one.

Sandhya Srinivasan September 22, 2020

Hi Thank you .. i still have a problem.

please see the screen print below

Source Table with page properties macros used (table right-aligned)

image.png

Page Properties Report and Table Filter Macro when used (source tables still left aligned)

image.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2020

You know, we don't expect such behaviour - my screenshots were taken on our own Cloud instance with the latest version of the Table Filter and Charts app.

Please, check if your version is up-to-date and raise a support request (as usual, our agents answer within several hours). And, please, attach page storages of the page with PP (one page is enough) and the page with PPR - we'll recreate them and investigate the issue.

To get the page storage, go to the right corner of the page -> ... -> View Storage Format.

Update. By the way, have you tried to use the PP and PPR macros without the Table Filter macro?

I've created several more test pages and have the same behaviour with and without the Table Filter: for me PPR always copies (reflects) the alignment of the source tables.

If your PPR always has the left column alignment despite the alignment of the source tables, than it's a Confluence bug or something.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020

@Sandhya Srinivasan , try to use another workaround with the Table Transformer macro: wrap your PPR in the Table Toolbox macro and create the following nesting PPR <- Table Filter <- Table Transformer.

Do not change anything in the Table Transformer macro settings - here we use it only for formatting. As a result, you will get a neat PPR (not too wide) with left alignment of the Table Filter totals.

PPR - 22.png

Sandhya Srinivasan September 23, 2020

Thank you so much. My problem got resolved with Table Transformer macro as you suggested above..

1. created the nesting PPR <- Table Filter <- Table Transformer.

I do not have Table toolbox macro.

Thanks a lot.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020

The Table Toolbox macro works for the new Confluence Cloud editor - you can't nest macros there. So, it seems that you still use an old editor version and wrap macros without any additional tools.

Glad that I could help!

Sandhya Srinivasan September 24, 2020

Yes. We do not have that. Thank you so much. Problem resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events