Can file uploads differ depending on which space you're uploading to?

I take HTML from Confluence, make some changes, then upload the revised HTML to the same page.

When this happens on my personal space, it works perfectly. When I attempt the same thing, but in a non-personal space, it will not upload. This only happens to specific pages, not every single one of them.

The UnexpectedRollbackException gets thrown.

It seems like an encoding issue. Could this be a permissions issue?

Has anyone experienced this before?

1 answer

Hi Adam,

The UnexpectedRollBack exception is usually thrown due to a form of corrupted content being encountered.

How are you exporting and then importing the HTML content which you're editing? I suggest using the free Confluence Source Editor plugin to do so rather than making an external copy of the the page's source code, modifying it, then trying to re-import this code into a different space.

You may also want to try using the Copy Page function to make a copy of the page within your personal space to your destination space, then editing the copied page with the Source Editor.

Cheers,
Kenneth Giorno | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,990 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you