Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can create User Macros in the OnDemand Version?

Troy S April 16, 2012

I'm trying figure out how to create a user macro in my OnDemand instance. I am following the following instructions, but I do not see a link for User Macros in the left-hand panel of the Confluence Administration Console. Thanks, Troy.

7 answers

8 votes
AC February 11, 2013

I'm disappointed to hear this.

I wanted to create a simple macro that would allow me to add a pagebreak in PDF exports as explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/pagebreak+user+macro

Is there any other way I can achieve this?

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

I agree that it is really frustrating. Just started working with Confluence and my experience so far looks like this:

1) Tried to change font size so I've been looking at the editor toolbar where you would normally expect appropriate tool, as in any modern wysiwyg editor - NOT POSSIBLE!

2) Found workaround for changing font size here which require creating a user macro, and guess what? - NOT POSSIBLE (for OnDemand) EITHER! :-(

Very disappointing.

Charisma Riley October 19, 2018

Wait--so if it's not possible to make macros in confluence cloud, how are people doing it to make them for the Atlassian Marketplace? There has to be a way to make them. Are there no instructions anywhere of how to become a macro developer for Confluence Cloud?

5 votes
Chris Johnson June 16, 2017

The scope of differences between the online and self-run versions of Confluence are really disappointing.  Atlassian -- get it together.

3 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

Hi Troy,

Unfortunately, User Macros are one of the features that are restricted (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand#RestrictedFunctionsinAtlassianOnDemand-Confluence) with OnDemand so it's not possible for user macros to be created in the OnDemand version of Confluence.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it at least stops you banging your head trying to create them.

Andrew.

1 vote
Clinton June 12, 2017

When when when ... looking to add a simple Yammer Feed to an internal team site in CONF for a team space and there's of course no "User Macros" in the Cloud version.

Come on Atlassian .... when! 

1 vote
Florian Franke September 21, 2014

Any plans to add such a feature (page break) to confluence ondemand? We need it aswell.  

Thanks!

florian

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2015

You can change font size in a number of ways:

1. Insert Markup and enter one of the following:

<font size="6">Your text</font> (This uses a range of 1 – 7 with 3 being the browser default.)

<span style="font-size:5px">Your text</span> (This sizes the font to the pixel size.)

<span style="font-size:50%">Your text</span> (This sizes the font to a percentage of the browser default size.)

2. Add the div macro and enter the text in the body of the macro, edit the macro and enter "smalltype" (without the quotes) in the Class field. Then add the CSS Stylesheet macro and add:

div.smalltype {
font-size:5px;
}

You can change "smalltype" to whatever you want, just be sure to call it the same thing in both places.

image2015-8-14 14:47:40.png

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2015

To create a page break in the PDF (works in both cloud and server):

Add the div macro where you want the page to break, edit the macro and enter "pagebreak" (without the quotes) in the Class field.

Then, in Space Tools --> Look and Feel --> PDF Stylesheet

Add:

div.pagebreak {
page-break-before: always;
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events