Can confluence automatically change the links on a page when copying pages to another space?

Gabrielė Gvaizdikaitė April 19, 2024

We use more than one Confluence space.
In the x space we have 3 pages, we use a link on the pages where you can go from the first page to the second page via a link on the page (for links we use heading1. heading2 and heading3).
When we copy those 3 pages into the new confluence space the links on the pages (their URLs) are not updated by the new space.
I.e. the links in the documents in the new space will link to the old space.
Does Confluence have a functionality/app/plugin that allows to copy pages from one space to another and the links (URLs) on the pages change according to the new space?

1 answer

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2024

@Gabrielė Gvaizdikaitė When you look at the links in the new space, are they in the format:

spacekey:Page Name#MyHeading

where spacekey is the old space you copied from?

If so, I think you should be able to edit the link and remove the spacekey and colon from the link for it to point to the current (new) space.

Of course, this doesn't do anything automatically and would be quite involved if it involved more that 3 pages. I'm not sure if it makes any difference if you create the links to anchors on the pages, as opposed to linking to the Headings.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events