Can confluence/Jira be used for SOP management?

Coman Marcel-Alexandru July 31, 2018

I would like to find a platform that enables our SOP creators to more efficiently manage them. 

This is the current flow:

1. The SOP is created
  2. The owner has to print it
  3. The owner has to run around the factory and find the Manager that is responsible for approvals
  4. After the approval the paper must be scanned and stored
  5. The training is made in a "classroom" with paper as documentation and a test at the end, on paper also
  6. The SOP owner has to verify the tests then register them on the skill matrix of every employee 

The main problem is the fact that A LOT of time is wasted and if there is an audit control coming up and the manager is on a business trip/vacation/working from home, he can't review and approve the SOP which means trouble.

What I would like:

1. SOP is created 
  2. A request for approval is sent via APP
  3. The manager can approve it on the APP (from any place with an internet connection)
  4. An expiration date is set for the Page
  5. The SOP is open to editing for the assigned user/s
  6. Documentation (word/pdf) file can be attached
  7. A link to an online test can be attached

3 answers

1 vote
Andrew Darmawan January 4, 2022

Any updates to this issue?

1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

Hi @Coman Marcel-Alexandru 

welcome to the community. We are working on similar problems/challenges but are just at the beginning.

From my point of experience so far it should be possible to realize your ideas. To me that sounds like you need an addon for workflow with approval which also works with the Confluence app, a reminder (or something similar) for sites, access can be given easily according groups and/or single users in Confluence for spaces and even a site. 
Maybe you can use templates for creating the SOPs? (Sorry these are just my thoughts)

We are writing our documentation as sites in Confluence and that works fine for us - you can link the sites directly to the SOP (no files needed). 

There are even quiz/test addons for Confluence that work pretty good - we are using Quizzes for Confluence for employee training (love it)

Gonna watch this topic!

Thank you for your reply!

Like akovalenko2368 likes this
akovalenko2368 March 17, 2021

Hi!

Did you found anything?

Like Lukas Baumgartner likes this
0 votes

I would like to add a bit more info.

1. I am working at a big factory, so any activity that requires a person to go away from the line is a big NO-NO. In the case of our SOPs, there is too much paper pushing.

2.The problem is the time consuming process of creating/editing-printing-running around for approvals-scanning-storing and training in this old fashioned and least efficient way.

3. There are around 430 SOPs and they are updated any time an improvement is made to a process, an upgrade is made to the machinery or the 2 year review term approaches. For every one of the mentioned reasons, the process from point 2 must be repeated.

I am an intern, my main project revolves around SOPs - from reducing their numbers to improving the general workflow and training, so, if anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to help.

Ally Lancaster April 17, 2019

Coman - I am wondering if you found a solution to this?

Like akovalenko2368 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events