Can cloud-Confluence requirements auto update with cloud JIRA?

Pete Conti September 3, 2019

We are in the process of deciding how to manage a requirements database, and are considering implementing through a cloud instance of Confluence. Currently, we use a cloud instance of JIRA to manage work and tests, and want our requirements to live there and link to those items as well.

I looked into defining requirements in a table through the provided requirements document template and creating them as issues in JIRA. This works for ticket creation, but after the issues are created, there's no active updating between the table of requirements statements in the confluence document and the issues now existing in JIRA.

This makes the feature minimally useful -- it allows for the requirements document and the requirements issues off which work will be based to drift and deviate from each other. 

It appears that 'Requirements Yogi" solves this problem, but that is only for a server implementation. Is there a way to get this functionality with cloud versions?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2019

Hello @Pete Conti,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I noticed that you were able to raise the same question with Support, so I will summarize what they said for other users.

The following feature request was made on your behalf:

• CONFCLOUD-67815 Changes on the ticket should update the table on Confluence and vice-versa

The ticket created should be added automatically to the table as a link, but this is not occurring due to the following bug:

• CONFCLOUD-35077 No JIRA issue link will be created in Confluence page when creating multiple JIRA issue from pages.

Regarding Requirements Yogi, they recommended that you get in touch with the vendor to see about their plans to implement a cloud version.

Do let me know if you had any further questions!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events