Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can allow to upload a file >1.5 GB in Confluence site

For example below confluence site, I would upload a single file which is 1.5GB, but its current limitation set single file to be =<300MB. May I request to increase it to 1.5GB? If yes, is there any further limitation for accumulative size (i.e. each file 1.5 GB x 40 files, total 60GB). Look forward to the feedback! Thank you.

https://confluence.cpg.dell.com/display/CSV/BKC+Automation+Test+Development 

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @linda1_lin ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

As Confluence administrator you can define max size for attachments at confluence instance level (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-attachment-size/).

Btw, based on your plan, you have a limit on a storage :

• Free - 2GB
  • Standard - 250GB
  • Premium - Unlimited

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Fabio, 

I can't not find the option to edit attachment settings from my page (as below pic). Can you help further guide how I can approach that? note - I am not the Confluence Admin. 

I would get 'Premium - Unlimited' or at least 'standard - 250GB' storage, how I can apply it?

• Premium - UnlimitedScreenshot 2022-05-25 162108.jpg

hi @linda1_lin ,

that is not a user preference setting but a instance setting. You need to be a Confluence Admin to change that limit.

In order to change your plan you need to talk with a Org Admin within your organization.

Fabio

0 votes
Robert Wen Community Leader May 24, 2022

Hello @linda1_lin ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

According to the Confluence URL you provided, that appears to be an "on-prem" instance of Confluence Server or Data Center.  

Your Confluence admin will have to change the file size limit by following the following page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-attachment-size-150040.html

Hope this helps!

Thanks Robert! 

I didn't find a way to know who is Conluence admin and how I contact to him for my request to change the file size. Can you guide further on this?

Robert Wen Community Leader May 25, 2022

@linda1_lin 

You need to see if you can reach the "Contact Site Administrators" page if it is enabled.  You could

• Type "contact site administrators" in the search field (look for the magnifying glass)
  • Find an error page.  There should be a link to the "Contact Site Administrators" page

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

864 views 11 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you