Can allow to upload a file >1.5 GB in Confluence site

linda1_lin May 24, 2022

For example below confluence site, I would upload a single file which is 1.5GB, but its current limitation set single file to be =<300MB. May I request to increase it to 1.5GB? If yes, is there any further limitation for accumulative size (i.e. each file 1.5 GB x 40 files, total 60GB). Look forward to the feedback! Thank you.

https://confluence.cpg.dell.com/display/CSV/BKC+Automation+Test+Development 

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hi @linda1_lin ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

As Confluence administrator you can define max size for attachments at confluence instance level (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-attachment-size/).

Btw, based on your plan, you have a limit on a storage :

• Free - 2GB
  • Standard - 250GB
  • Premium - Unlimited

Hope this helps,

Fabio

linda1_lin May 25, 2022

Hi Fabio, 

I can't not find the option to edit attachment settings from my page (as below pic). Can you help further guide how I can approach that? note - I am not the Confluence Admin. 

I would get 'Premium - Unlimited' or at least 'standard - 250GB' storage, how I can apply it?

• Premium - UnlimitedScreenshot 2022-05-25 162108.jpg

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

hi @linda1_lin ,

that is not a user preference setting but a instance setting. You need to be a Confluence Admin to change that limit.

In order to change your plan you need to talk with a Org Admin within your organization.

Fabio

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Hello @linda1_lin ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

According to the Confluence URL you provided, that appears to be an "on-prem" instance of Confluence Server or Data Center.  

Your Confluence admin will have to change the file size limit by following the following page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-attachment-size-150040.html

Hope this helps!

linda1_lin May 25, 2022

Thanks Robert! 

I didn't find a way to know who is Conluence admin and how I contact to him for my request to change the file size. Can you guide further on this?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2022

@linda1_lin 

You need to see if you can reach the "Contact Site Administrators" page if it is enabled.  You could

• Type "contact site administrators" in the search field (look for the magnifying glass)
  • Find an error page.  There should be a link to the "Contact Site Administrators" page

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events