Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can all users that subscribe to a chat channel be automatically added to a confluence page?

Selma Al-Salam March 22, 2020

I've been tasked with developing a Confluence collaboration page for a group that is currently using a chat channel (Navsea fusion). 

I believe that on the chat channel i can add a link to the confluence document.  This allows chat channel users to have awareness.  But syncing the users between the confluence site and the chat channel seems as though it could be cumbersome.

I'm wondering how much these two tools can work together?

1 answer

0 votes
Hazwan Ariffin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2020

If you want the user in your chat to be added to your Confluence when accessing the Confluence doc that has been shared in your Chat channel, what you can do is

- In your Confluence Cloud site admin section under site access menu, you can set your company's domain in there so users with approved email domains can join with or without an invitation and then access the page, in condition that the space and page is accessible to all Confluence users. For example if user 123@abc.com doesn't exist in Confluence yet, if you abc.com as the approved email domains, anyone with the domain that accesses your Confluence would automatically be added to your Confluence application

Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 7.11.02 AM.png

Selma Al-Salam March 25, 2020

Thanks for the response.  I have more recently realized that I'm on Confluence 6.15 Server and don't have admin rights.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events