Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can administrators mark Questions for Confluence answers as "accepted?

Marie Kretlow January 14, 2020

As an administrator in a Space using Questions for Confluence, I'd like to mark answers as "accepted" even if I didn't post the original question. In looking at the Questions documentation, it seems that this should be possible, but I'm not seeing the functionality for it.

Documentation:

Answer a question

Any user that can ask a question can answer a question.  You can @mention other users or share the question to bring others into the discussion. Up vote helpful answers, and down vote unhelpful or incorrect answers. 

Accept the best answer to indicate to other people that your question has been answered. The accepted answer and highly voted answers appear above lower voted answers. 

You can only accept answers to your own questions (unless you're an administrator). 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hello Marie,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community to find how an admin may accept an answer on someone's behalf for Questions for Confluence. I would like to clarify, you selected Confluence Cloud and your product but it seems you found a Server documentation page. The page for Questions for Confluence Cloud is located at Questions and answers (Cloud)

You mentioned that you’re already an administrator. While you may be a Site Administrator, you might not have the needed permissions within the Confluence Space which is controlling the permissions for Questions for Confluence. I would ask for you to please check the space permissions and ensure you’re an admin (or within an admin group). Further information on this may be found at Permissions.

If you’re confirmed having admin rights to the space yet still unable to accept an answer, please send us a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you attempt to accept an answer.

We look forward to hearing back to ensure you’re able to accept answers as needed.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Marie Kretlow January 16, 2020

Hi there, Stephen—

Thanks for reaching out. I am indeed an admin in the Space. Rather than seeing the checkmark icon/button next to an answer, I only see the regular upvote icon/button. My IT team chatted with your Support team, and it looks like the issue may be related to this bug: Unable to accept an answer as admin for space questions.

Is there anything we can do as a workaround in the meantime, aside from asking OP's to mark the answer accepted? We are using this space + Questions for Confluence in a large company-wide initiative and really need this admin functionality.

Thanks so much,

Marie

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hello Marie,

Thanks for the quick response. Glad you’re able to confirm the bug with your IT team and the linked issue does seem relevant to what you’re experiencing. From reviewing the following bug report (CONFCLOUD-47352) and other linked support cases to that bug there does not seem to be a known workaround at this time.

I did check to see if there was an option to use an endpoint that is available on Server within the Cloud products and the answer is, sadly, no. The reason is there is no longer a REST API for Questions for Confluence within Cloud. Further information at Confluence Questions REST Resources

You can read more about developing Confluence Server plugins in the Confluence Developer Documentation. Confluence Cloud no longer has a REST-API for Questions.

With this said, we’ll need to vote and watch the linked bug request to receive updates to its status.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Marie Kretlow January 21, 2020

I appreciate your follow-up Stephen and I've voted for the bug. We are currently asking each OP to mark answers accepted, and this is not sustainable or desirable for us to continue. Part of the reason we chose to use Questions for Confluence for this rollout in the first place was because of the admin's ability to mark answers accepted, which is still outlined in the documentation as part of the functionality. I appreciate all you've done to work with me on this thus far—is there anything more we can do to get this resolved ASAP?

Thanks again,

Marie

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
January 21, 2020

Hello Marie,

Glad to hear you voted on the bug linked above. As for how Atlassian approaching bug fixes I would refer to the following article Atlassian Cloud Bug Fix Policy.

Additionally, raising awareness of the issue and ensure people vote and comment within the linked bug is also beneficial.

Regards,
Stephen SIfers

Like Marie Kretlow likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events