Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a template be copied?

David Moody August 10, 2017

I have created a template to be used in my confluence space. I would like to copy this template to be used to create another template that has the same look and feel but perfoms another function. Is there a way to copy templates so they can be edited?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

It's possible to copy a template, but it's a little complicated. Are you running Confluence Server? You'll need to install the Confluence Source Editor plugin.

Then, edit the Template, and you will see a <> symbol in the upper right of the editor.

Click that and copy the entire text.

Next, Create a new blank template and save it.

Then, click edit again, and there will be the <> symbol in the upper right corner of the editor again. Click there, then paste the text that you copied before over the existing text (you can delete it first, or select everything and paste).

Click Apply, and now the new template should be a duplicate of the old one, and you can edit as necessary.

Rafael Corredor January 7, 2019

Hi,

Did it work?  I have tried it but no success.

Thank you

subham patra October 13, 2020

Didn't work for me either. Any other suggestion please?

Frank Yu February 25, 2021

It works for me. Thanks.

Michael Thomas July 22, 2021

This seems to work only for user created templates. When I try to copy an atlassian template, the editor does not show the <> button.

What If I want to copy an atlassian template. I.e. I want to take the "Meeting note" template as a blueprint for a more specific Meeting note for my project?

Like # people like this
Michael Aglas December 22, 2022

doesn't work, when using variables... the page gets a mess otherwise

Like Jordan Moss likes this
Shruti Sharma February 8, 2024

Works for me too! Thank you for the simple and quick solution, @Stephen Deutsch !

0 votes
Frank Yu February 24, 2021

@Stephen Deutsch It works for my Confluence 7.4.6, thanks. 

Well, an additional question, is it possible to apply a template for several spaces at the same time? (now it is working for one space by copy & paste the source code) Because my customer need use the same template for a couple of spaces. It is not convenient to one by one space implementation. Or, do you know what plug-in(s) can realize my customer's goal? I appreciate for your suggestions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events