Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a non-Jira user create a Jira Ticket via a confiform ?

Aakanksha Sharma February 10, 2021

Hi, I have created a JIRA confiform that in turn creates a JIRA ticket. I would like the non-jira users to be able to submit the form and create a JIRA ticket. However, the error they are getting is - 

Could not send email. Reason: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException:

com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Error communicating with Jira, Status: 405 with message: and response: '

Can anyone help me with this ? Someone suggested using IssueCollector, but that would be separate. Is there a way to use something via the confiform?

2 answers

0 votes
Aakanksha Sharma February 11, 2021

Hi, 

So for users with JIRA access once they submit the confiform, a confirmation email is sent and a ticket in JIRA gets created. However, when I tested with non-jira users they got the message-

Could not send email. Reason: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException:

Another non-jira user, did receive an email but the error message was-

was com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Error communicating with Jira, Status: 405 with message: and response: ''

I am attaching two images for your reference, one of email block and the other is for the jira code. Jira_Confiform.PNGJira_Confiform1.2.PNG

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Hi

You can absolutely easily create Jira tickets as longs as you Jira allows to create tickets from anonymous users or you set up a web service connection to JIra from ConfiForms and use it through a service account.

However, looking at the error you posted - this does not look like an error from Jira, but something related to emails -  does your form attempts to send emails? Also, very strange to see the 405 (method not allowed) next to the error about failing to send emails

What ConfiForms IFTTT rules it has?

Alex

Aakanksha Sharma February 11, 2021

Hi, 

When a JIRA user fills in the confiform a confirmation email gets sent and a jira ticket gets raised automatically. 

However, with one non-jira user when all the details in the confiform got created, an error message was displayed - Could not send email. Reason: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException:"

With other non-jira user the email was received but no jira ticket got created. The msg that was displayed was- com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Error communicating with Jira, Status: 405 with message: and response: ''

I am attaching the screenshots of what IFTTT rules I have used. Jira_Confiform.PNGJira_Confiform1.2.PNG 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events