It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Power BI content be embedded into Confluence?

Viktor Vigfusson Jan 10, 2018

Is there a way to display content (Report/Dashboard/Tile) from Power BI on a Confluence page?

4 answers

2 votes
Patrick Boers Feb 15, 2018

Good question. I'm looking for the same possibility

0 votes
Oliver Kubon Mar 21, 2018

You can share your Power BI Dashboard in two ways. The first one is to share for public and the second one is to share fo Microsoft Sharepoint.

The Problem with the first option is that everybody in the World Wide Web can see your Dashboard. I do not need to explain that is a problem.

The second way is more safe but the iFrame Link only works in Microsoft Sharepoint. 

I still could not find a way to have a Power Bi dashboard in Confluence.

0 votes
Kimmo Kyle Mar 21, 2018

Additionally it looks like the iFrame links only work on so called Modern pages in Sharepoint.

0 votes
Jason Ryan Apr 05, 2018

I was able to get it to work.  I used the HTML Macro, and just dropped in the iframe tag that power BI generates.  Works pretty well.  My only issue is it doesn't seem to refresh quickly.  I haven't been able to figure out what is causing the lag.

Kimmo Kyle Apr 08, 2018

Jason, how exactly did you do this?

"iframe tag" - Do you mean the Embed to Sharepoint online url that can be generated for a report, but not for a dashboard?

"HTML Macro" - I don't see a macro with this name, at least in the default Confluence Cloud. Is that some custom macro from the marketplace?

shankar May 17, 2018 • edited

Did you ever find the answer?

Brian Keefe Sep 06, 2018

Kimmo - the iframe tag is probably referring to this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/quickstart-embed

the HTML Macro is disabled on newer versions of Confluence Server and needs to be manually enabled in the Add Ons section. I'm not sure what the options are in Cloud.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/html-macro-38273085.html

I don't know how our Microsoft stuff is set up or licensed, but I do not have the same options as detailed in that first link from Microsoft. Still searching!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

946 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you