Can Power BI content be embedded into Confluence?

Viktor Vigfusson January 10, 2018

Is there a way to display content (Report/Dashboard/Tile) from Power BI on a Confluence page?

5 answers

4 votes
jsnryn April 5, 2018

I was able to get it to work.  I used the HTML Macro, and just dropped in the iframe tag that power BI generates.  Works pretty well.  My only issue is it doesn't seem to refresh quickly.  I haven't been able to figure out what is causing the lag.

Kimmo Kyle April 8, 2018

Jason, how exactly did you do this?

"iframe tag" - Do you mean the Embed to Sharepoint online url that can be generated for a report, but not for a dashboard?

"HTML Macro" - I don't see a macro with this name, at least in the default Confluence Cloud. Is that some custom macro from the marketplace?

Like LCD likes this
shankar May 17, 2018

Did you ever find the answer?

Brian Keefe September 6, 2018

Kimmo - the iframe tag is probably referring to this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/quickstart-embed

the HTML Macro is disabled on newer versions of Confluence Server and needs to be manually enabled in the Add Ons section. I'm not sure what the options are in Cloud.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/html-macro-38273085.html

I don't know how our Microsoft stuff is set up or licensed, but I do not have the same options as detailed in that first link from Microsoft. Still searching!

Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2020

If you need HTML Macro in Confluence Cloud, you can use our add-on:

HTML Macro for Confluence

It supports embedding Power BI contents (charts).

Zhouqiong Mo January 16, 2024

Hi Nar Kumar C, 

Is it possible to embend the whole Power BI dashboard with HTML Macro for Confluence?

Thanks,

Joan

2 votes
Patrick Boers February 15, 2018

Good question. I'm looking for the same possibility

1 vote
Alessandro Distefano April 26, 2021

Although this topic is somewhat older, today there are quick and simple solutions to embed a Power BI report on Confluence.

For example, with our Microsoft Power BI Pro for Confluence add-on, you can insert a report on a page by simply pasting the URL into the editor :)

Gaye Soykok July 2, 2021

ok. I am trying to do this. But does it have to be public the report? how do you connect the accounts? 

Alessandro Distefano July 2, 2021

Hi @Gaye Soykok ,

If you want to share your report privately, Confluence users must log in to a licensed Power BI account to view the report. (This is a requirement imposed by Microsoft)

Otherwise, you can generate a public link and share it on Confluence. In this case, all your Confluence users can view the report without having to authenticate with the Microsoft account.

Like Barbara Berti likes this
Heike Holton September 6, 2022

Hi Alessandro, does your reports still work that you used this iFrame on ? Mine all seems to have broken

Alessandro Distefano September 6, 2022

Hi @Heike Holton 
Are you using our power bi app? I checked, and our app is working as expected.

Zhouqiong Mo January 16, 2024

Hi Alessandro,

Could I use this for Power BI dashboard also? Or it only works with report?

Because I only want to share dashboard. 

Many thanks in advance, 

Joan

Alessandro Distefano January 17, 2024

Hi @Zhouqiong Mo
The app works with any shareable Power BI report, including dashboards.

Zhouqiong Mo January 18, 2024

Hi Alessandro, 

How is your app handle the Power BI license problem?

If I have a Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium per User license and want to share my dashboard in confluence, but people I want to share they are Power BI free account.  Is it possible to do it?

Best wishes,

Joan

0 votes
Kimmo Kyle March 21, 2018

Additionally it looks like the iFrame links only work on so called Modern pages in Sharepoint.

0 votes
Oliver Kubon March 21, 2018

You can share your Power BI Dashboard in two ways. The first one is to share for public and the second one is to share fo Microsoft Sharepoint.

The Problem with the first option is that everybody in the World Wide Web can see your Dashboard. I do not need to explain that is a problem.

The second way is more safe but the iFrame Link only works in Microsoft Sharepoint. 

I still could not find a way to have a Power Bi dashboard in Confluence.

Shrinivas Patil December 15, 2020

Third easy way to share it through Microsoft teams.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events