Can I view all of my favorite pages?

Paul LaBarbera October 29, 2014

The "Favorite Pages" macro no longer lists all of your favorite pages. It only shows "recently added" favorites.

I'm looking for a small user macro that provides a simple list of ALL of the current users favorite pages (for a dashboard). 

Anyone been successful with this?

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2014

You can create a user macro for this.

## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 06/10/2013
## @noparams
#set( $labelManager = $action.LabelManager )
#set( $favRef = $labelManager.getLabel("my:favourite") )
#set( $favorites = $labelManager.getCurrentContentForLabel( $favRef ) )
<ul>
#foreach( $favorite in $favorites )
    #if ( $favorite.getType() == "page" )
        <li><a href="$favorite.UrlPath">$favorite.DisplayTitle</a></li>
    #end
#end
</ul>

Update:

This should get rid of the error if there are no favorites.

## Developed by: Davin Studer
## Date created: 06/10/2013
## @noparams
#set( $labelManager = $action.LabelManager )
#set( $favRef = $labelManager.getLabel("my:favourite") )
#if($favRef)
    #set( $favorites = $labelManager.getCurrentContentForLabel( $favRef ) )
    #if($favorites.size() > 0)
        <ul>
        #foreach( $favorite in $favorites )
            #if ( $favorite.getType() == "page" )
            <li><a href="$favorite.UrlPath">$favorite.DisplayTitle</a></li>
            #end
        #end
        </ul>
    #end
#end
Paul LaBarbera October 31, 2014

Thank you! That macro is exactly what I wanted.

Paul LaBarbera October 31, 2014

Thanks @Davin Studer ! I'm running into a problem wtih that macro. It works great for me, but for users that don't have any favorites... it causes a page error. I don't know how to write macros very well.... Would adding someting like if $favorites = 0 <p>You have no favorites yet</p> elseif ....your orignal list aggregator work?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

See my edit above.

Daniel Fuß November 13, 2017

Hey @Davin Studer,

thanks for this solution. 

Im creating a custom list of spaces and im searching for a solution to add a space to the favorites.

For browsing to the specific space i have used

<a class="icon icon-browse-space" href="/spaces/browsespace.action?key=$!space.key" title="Browse Space">Browse the "$!space.key" space</a>

To add a space to the favorites its more difficult i think.

There is no href you could use for. 

href is ".../#"

Do you have an idea for that, too?

Thanks & Regards

Daniel

7 votes
T. Brian Jones May 2, 2018

Simplest solution I've found is to use a "Content by Label" macro and use the secret label name of `my:favourite` that automatically gets assigned to content you favorite.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 3.25.59 PM.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2018

Great idea!

Like Michael Remijan likes this
Kevin Suter November 5, 2018

Hi Brian,

This solution works and is really helpful because you can use other filters too. Thanks a lot. 

Cheers,
Kevin

Like Michael Remijan likes this
Alexander Wirtz March 22, 2024

Thx Brian, that was an easy way!

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2014

Hey Paul,

I tried to search around our marketplace repository and I was unable to find a plugin/user macro to achieve that end.

I know is not a short term solution however I created below feature request to check if its feasible to implement a option to display all favorite in the favorite pages macro:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35437

Make sure to vote for that bug and mark yourself as a watcher for future updates.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
Paul LaBarbera October 29, 2014

Thanks David. @William Zanchet [Atlassian] , this response is in line with the problem I'm having. Our dashboard has a macro on it that shows the current users favorite pages. After upgrading to 5.6, it only showed "recently added" favorites.

0 votes
Jean-Christophe Gonzales January 27, 2021

with Confluence 7.8.1, Server : this facility exits :

2021-01-27 16_31_09-Jean-christophe GONZALES - Preferences - DSIA Confluence.jpg

...for display usage only, not for a macro, but someone can find this trick usefull

0 votes
Vadim Rutkevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2018

Hi Paul,

please take a look at our app Favorite Pages. This app tracks all your page visits within the defined time period and then displays a list of your top visited pages and set hotkeys for their quick access. Here you can also view the list of pages saved for later and proceed to their editing.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Vadim Rutkevich [StiltSoft]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events