Can I used Confluence for publicly accessible documentation?

Brian Sheridan July 31, 2019

I would like the confluence page to be branded with our logo and color etc

3 answers

1 vote
Shannon Meehan _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2019

Hey @Brian Sheridan , 

I'm Shannon from K15t, and I wanted to jump in here as we have a couple apps that could be interesting to you for this use case.  

Scroll Viewport helps you present your documentation as a help center or website (as JP noted above). We recently released a new theme that makes it easy to customize to your liking without writing any code. We use the theme ourselves for our K15t help center, so you can have a look at a live example (https://help.k15t.com/) to see what’s possible with the setup. Everything you see there is what's customizable in the theme, so logos, colors, layouts, navigation, etc. This app is available for Server and Data Center. 

Scroll Documents is another option if you need to make your docs publicly available. It's more lightweight on the customization end, but offers a lot of benefits for the authoring side of things like versioning, a great diffing feature, and an integration with our Exporter apps. Here’s a blog post that outlines this solution and it's available for Cloud and Server.

If you have any questions, we'd happy to help or show you a demo. Just get in touch with us: hello@k15t.com.

Cheers, 

Shannon (K15t) 

1 vote
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2019

Hi,

if you're using server / datacenter: There are a couple of apps/addons available, allowing for a customized look of Confluence.

Our company website runs on Confluence, but you cannot tell by viewing the site.

Best

JP

0 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2019

Yes. You can use Confluence for publicly accessible documentation. You need to allow anonymous access in your system administration settings. 

On branding, Confluence can be customized using native and marketplace app features. The following links could be a good starting point:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customize-your-space-139423.html

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-brand-Confluence-Cloud-version-with-your/qaq-p/203640

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Kris 

Brian Sheridan July 31, 2019

Yes, that does help. I will look at the links and check with out sys admin to see if we can modify the settings and see how much customization is possible.

Thanks for the reply.

Brian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events