Can I use confluence server with jira cloud?

Jason Clarke April 20, 2016

Due to limitations with Confluence Cloud hosting (addons basically), we want to self-host Confluence Server.

However we have a large JIRA Cloud installation already that uses Google Apps for authentication.

What we want to do is use the JIRA Cloud installation user base, groups and authentication in the self hosted Confluence Server.

Its not clear if this is possible. It looks like you can, but it also looks like you can't. Authentication just seems to be a little bit too black-box (hidden behind the scenes).

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user April 21, 2016

Hi Jason,

Not necessarily an answer, but hopefully helpful.

This document:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/link-to-server-apps-from-cloud-744721656.html

Paired with the configuration screen of the Confluence Server user directories leads me to believe you are correct.  Adding a JIRA user directory simply asks for a URL and the application username and password.  

Good luck!

0 votes
Jason Clarke April 21, 2016

Thats kind of what I mean. JIRA Cloud doesn't have the User Directory option. JIRA Server (not what we run) appears to have this.

Authentication is also /broken/ in an interesting way in that at the moment and I can't actually login to Confluence Server with a local administration account. It logs in with the JIRA admin account (same username/password) but ends up not being able to change some things..

Time for a support case I figure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events