Can I use Create from template macro and specify the Space key as the current user's personal space?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

I would like to embed a create from template button on a confluence page whereby the resulting page is placed on the user's personal space. I am unclear how to specify this within the Space key option in the create from template macro. Yes

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Hey @Jack Brickey

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question. If I insert a Create from Template macro, I get this dialog - and the space key field offers some auto completion to select my space.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 08.21.31.png

Does that help?

Matthias

PS: My colleagues made this free create from template pro app which offers some more customization options like selecting a parent page or formatting the button. Maybe you want to try it out.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hi @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ , thanks for chiming in. What I need to do is to create a button on an instructional page. If the user clicks the button then it will create a page on their personal space if it exists. So I need the "Space key*" to accept something like "@currentuser" but haven't found support for such syntax. Unsure if it exists but I have limited experience with the macro.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Well...I found this - CONFCLOUD-68216 Self personal space option in Create from Template macro . This was closed as Wont't fix due to lack of votes.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

I will have a look at the app you mentioned.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Ah, got it.

I don't think this is possible currently.

I thought about creating an automation which moves the page afterwards to the correct personal space, but afaik the move page action doesn't accept a smart value as a space key :/

Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Thanks for chiming in for sure. I sent a help ticket in to K15t to see if they support or could support such a request in there app.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events