Can I subsribe nonConfluence user to email notifications about page content changes?

rafal_dubel May 14, 2021

Hi everyone!

I have a need to subscribe someone who's not our Confluence user to notifications concerning one of pages of our workspace. Is it even possible?

I cannot grand him access to our space as he needs informations only from one page. I've shared it with him with a public link but he does not know what we introduce new content.

Any tips would be apriciated! ;) Thanks in advance ;)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Hello Rafal and welcome to the Community!

This is a great question as not all users who need updates will require access to your site. With that said, the default workflow for notifications does require a user to "subscribe" by watching a page. Meaning, by default, a user must log in and elect to watch a page for updates.

Now, with the default out of the way, you can explore alternatives. Such as creating a user to only watch specific pages (This user will consume a license, so be aware of this). You can use this user to "subscribe" and watch your page but manage email forwarding notifications to go to your external users. This is a workaround solution and possible, but it may be cost prohibited since each watcher of a page consumes a license.

Another alternative would be to use a workflow management app from Atlassian Marketplace to manage notifications of page changes/approvals. We don't have any specific app we recommend as each site has its own requirements, but we do encourage you to explore options.

I hope this is helpful in managing your notification for external users.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

rafal_dubel May 18, 2021

Hey, @Stephen Sifers

Huge thanks for so complex and comprehensive answer!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events