• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Can I set up a group of users so that when I assign a task, or tag a stakeholder, the group is selected rather than having to type in all their names?

Can I set up a group of users so that when I assign a task, or tag a stakeholder, the group is selected rather than having to type in all their names?

Joanna Razzell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

No, not really. An assignee always needs to be a user. What you can do if you have seats left in your license is to create a user that is associated with a DL email address. As a issue gets assigned to this user, the whole DL will be made aware, and who ever picks it up assigns the issue to himself. Not sure if this workaround helps you.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2016

Seems pretty clear they're referring to Confluence Tasks, and not JIRA Issues.

WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2020

Confluence Tasks can only have users assigned to them, too, by using @mention.

I'm not aware of a way to assign a Confluence Task to a group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events