Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I see the history for a page comment?

sjolar September 3, 2013

Let's say that I add a comment on a page, and then edit the comment: is it possible to see the version history on the comment?

Thanks!

/Lars

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Lars,

Actually Confluence will indeed create a version of a comment which means the history is keep. However it is not possible to review the history on the UI as it only stored on Confluence database.

In order to review the version you could use the following steps:

1. Navigate to the comment and "Right Click" and choose "Copy Link" of the comment operation link. For example, "reply", "edit" or "like"
  2. Those links will give you the comment ID

Use those comment ID using the following SQL query

SELECT b.BODY, c.LASTMODIFIER, c.LASTMODDATE FROM bodycontent b JOIN content c on b.contentid = c.contentid WHERE c.prevver = <commentid>;

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

sjolar September 4, 2013

Excellent, works like a charm! Thanks!

/Lars

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

My pleasure

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2013

Whenever we add/edit comment, system doesn't create a version. so we can't see this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events