Can I restrict creating pages in the home page of a space

Humbalan January 26, 2019

Hi all,

in Confluence I would like to restrict users from creating pages directly in the home page of a space. In lower levels of the hierarchy page creation should be permitted. This is to prevent from changing a default configuration of the uppermost level of pages in a space. Example:

Space home page --+-pageA1 -+-pageB11-+-...
                  |         +-pageB12
                  | 
                  +-pageA2 -+-pageB21
                  |         + pageB22
                 ...            ...

No one should be allowed to create new A-pages, but everybody have permission to create B-pages.

Is that possible in Confluence?

Best regards

By the way: I work with Confluence 6.2. server

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2019

No, there is no way I know of to do this. Edit/view rights only impact the ability to edit or view a page (inherited from parents). But you can only restrict the ability to create pages at the space level.

Humbalan January 30, 2019

Thank you  for answering. Although the answer is a bit disappointing, it prevents me from further search. :-)

Best regards

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Well sometimes knowing you can't do something is of value. Part of the reason is that the page hierarchy in Confluence is just the result of metadata. The pages are all stored flat (you can see it in the URL). So there is no way to know what is a child page of top-level page (or rather it would take a custom plugin/JavaScript and a lot of testing). This is also why all page names within a space must be unique.

Like Patrick Vanhoof likes this
thgmx January 31, 2019

Sorry @Bill Bailey, I would like to set the Accepted answer icon to your answer but don't know how to change it.

Regards

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2019

Thanks, I have the dangerous power to do so! ;-)

thgmx January 31, 2019

:-)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mario Carabelli
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2019
I had it wrong so I deleted my answer.
Humbalan January 30, 2019

Thank you anyhow for answering so quickly. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events