Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I provide read access to JIRA releases on Confluence Calendar without project admin role?

We use Confluence Calendars to share out our release plan. We started dynamically pulling these values from the Fix/Version within JIRA, though we determined that anyone who isn't a "Project Admin" could not see the results in the calendar. I want to avoid granting elevated permissions to business users who just want to see the release calendar...is this possible? If so, what role offers read-only access to fix/versions?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim Community Leader Sep 08, 2021

Hi @Kirsten McGlone

I don't think you can lock access to fix versions.

What I would do instead is to restrict the page that contains the calendar to only the project admin group. This way you don't need to worry about changing anything in the jira project side.

Regards 

Hi - Thanks very much for your reply. My issue is actually the opposite, as I do not want to lock it down...I want the calendar to be public, becoming accessible to viewers outside of the Project admins. I found that Confluence users outside of this admin group could not see the Release Calendar even in read-only state. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

42,866 views 30 134
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you