Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I programmatically create a draw.io diagram in Confluence page?

Martin Doré September 4, 2019

Hi,

What I have for now : Confluence Cloud with the draw.io plugin.

What I try to achieve : I have a devops (CI/CD) pipeline that is working pretty well, but I want to document automatically the architecture of the application.

What I tried so far : I use the API rest of Confluence to create a new page and everything is working well. I also succeeded to create a CSV file that could be imported easily to create a diagram. I used a C# console application that I want to launch from my pipeline (this part is easy).

What is not working :

1. Creation of the draw.io macro (the html is so cryptic for this macro)...
  2. Automation of the javascript sequence to use the CSV feature : Menu Arrange/Insert/Advanced/CSV... and the copy of the CSV in the textbox. I<m still thinking to use Selenium to automate the process. But I'm affraid that something will break in a future version...

Someone has an idea? Could I use an API or something else to achieve my goal?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

The format for the draw.io macro is Atlassian defined, but I think it's fairly standard for all macros. There's an ID in the macro, but I would try generating it without that parameter. If you create a drawio macro, it should be possible to reverse engineer it from the storage format of that page.

The second part we don't currently have, you would need to vote for https://trello.com/c/utXS2QU1/80-add-import-from-csv-directly-from-macro

0 votes
dcx45 May 9, 2022

Yes you can, see this example that deals with the encoding etc.  https://github.com/GanizaniSitara/drawio

Martin Doré May 9, 2022

Thank you! As soon as I have time, I will give it a try...

Manish May 21, 2022

@dcx45 Hi, Thanks for sharing your code but could you please share you data file template too (csv data template).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events