Can I prevent users from updating attachments?

Tuelle June 22, 2017

Hi,

I am working in a regulated environment where I have to prevent unnoticed changes to Confluence pages. If I use an attached image in a page and the page has been officially approved, it must not be possible to change the content of the page by updating the attachment. 

Can I prevent updates to attachments through the permission scheme?

Or can I write a Java plugin that hooks into the upload process and cancels it if an attachment with the same name is already present? If yes, how?

Thanks

Thorsten

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2017

Hey Tuelle, 

Why don't you just remove edit permissions when a page is done? And only leave the view permission for everyone? 

Tuelle August 5, 2017

Hi,

I still want some people to have the edit option for the page content. I am writing a macro for an approval process in a regulated environment.  When a certain version of the attachment is approved and displayed in the page as approved, it may not be possible to replace the attachment while pretending to remain approved. So I need a unique attachment identifier for each attachment and version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events