Can I place a Service Management Widget on a Confluence Page?

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

We use Confluence Cloud and Jira Service Management Cloud. I see where it is possible to place a Service Mgmt Widget on a webpage, but can you place one on a Confluence page? We have public facing Confluence pages where people might want to input a service inquiry. 

There doesn't seem to be a macro or gadget for that, or at least not that I have seen. I tried putting the widget script onto the page, but it just showed the script. 

Searching documentation only showed how to put the Widget on a webpage, or how to add a gadget to Confluence, both of which I already understand. 

We use Cloud, and I am an admin on both products and in our Jira Cloud instance. 

Thanks
Kathy

2 answers

1 vote
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2021

Hi @Kathy Hart 

Could you share the KPIs which you would love to have in the Macro ? If its simple we could look into Forge for achieving the use-case

Cheers

Ajay

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

Basically, we are using a Confluence space as a client wiki in conjunction with our Service Management help desk. 

Some users may go directly to the Confluence Space, and then still have questions. We would like to use a Jira Service Management Widget on the Confluence page to create tickets in our Jira SM. 

I am able to do the widget setup in JSM just fine, which allows me to choose the JSM project and ticket type to be created. And it provides a script to enable the widget on a Confluence page. It works fine on a regular webpage. 

The only requirements that I can think of for a macro would be

• the ability to take the widget script and put it into a Macro on a Confluence Page
  • Have the macro render the widget on the page as it does on a webpage
  • float the widget on right or bottom of the screen as the page is scrolled 
  • choose to either enable it for certain pages, or for the entire space, 
  • create a link between the ticket and the Confluence page (optional) 
0 votes
William Ervin June 6, 2021

no forks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events