Can I not put iframe videos inside of "expand" macros anymore?

Brent_Concialdi March 31, 2020

Trying to embed an iframe video from MS Streams into an "expand" macro, so people can expand and collapse the video at will. I used to be able to do this before the update.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2020

Right now, you cannot nest macros in the new Confluence Cloud editor.

Watch CONFCLOUD-68323  to see how this progresses over time.

If you can revert to the old editor, you'll be able to continue nesting macros.

Brent_Concialdi April 2, 2020

Right now, as in...this feature will be RE-Added or not ever re-added?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2020

Right now, as in they may put it back in later, but I have no idea when.

Also take a look at Change to your content is in your hands:

The legacy editor isn’t going anywhere

We know that many of you are concerned about all the changes and what they may mean for the future of the legacy editor. We have no plans to end-of-life it in the foreseeable future, and if and when we do, we’ll make sure to explicitly communicate it well in advance.

It looks like you may be able to turn off the new editor until it's "good enough" for your needs.

0 votes
Michael Thomas February 8, 2021

It's 2021, any update on this? It seems ridiculous not to be able to do this. There's only so much content someone can look at before you need to nest it inside of something else to keep it organized. Edit: Nvm, I have found more info in the issue that was linked above. It seems they are gathering interest. Well, we're interested Atlassian! Bring it back! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events