Can I mention a username without notifying them?

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

I am creating a page where I want to list some key people. I want to use their Confluence usernames rather than typing their name, but I don't want them to be notified.

How can I do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Hallo Gaurav

Here's something that works for me: Create the page with page restrictions, limiting viewing to yourself. Save the page with the page restrictions in place, then edit the page again. When you've finished adding the people's names, remove the page restrictions and save the page again. The people will never receive the @mention notification.

:)

Cheers, Sarah

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2013

Thanks Sarah, that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events