Can I link a Confluence code block macro to an existing source file?

I would like to be able to refer to a file in github and ideally specify the range of lines I want to display -- e.g. startline=27;lastline=40.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Joe,

Text inserted into the code block macro must be manually typed or pasted in. It is not possible to link to a file.

I've created a feature request a while back to be able to drag and drop a file or text into the macro. If you're interested, please vote on it and watch it for further updates:

Kind regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your response! I saw your request and although that is interesting (I upvoted it) it is not what I am looking for. I actually want to be able to pull in current file contents from a link. 

I thought someone might tell me there is another macro I should be using, since this seems like an obvious feature.

I added CONFSERVER-54394 address this.

Sincerely, 

Joe

Thanks, Joe!

Both deal with using a file to fill the macro, so it may be closely related. We can suggest both outcomes.

I'll link your case to mine in case it would be the same feature.

Take care!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 17, 2018 in Confluence

Color tables for a shiny Confluence page

...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...

383 views 17 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you