Can I limit the number of add-on users?

Pablo Castillo March 25, 2020

Let's say I have 100 Confluence users. Only 1 or 2 need draw.io 

Can I do something to limit the users on the add-on? I can limit how many are Jira users (by managing Product access), but can't find a way to manage add-on users.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hazwan Ariffin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2020

Not possible, Pablo. Your add ons' license will be counted towards how many application users you have. If you have 10 confluence users and signed up to Confluence add on such as Gliffy, Gliffy would be charged for 10 users.

This is explained here under Licensing and Pricing:

Purchase the license tier that matches the number of users you have licensed for your host product. For example, if you have a 25-user Confluence license, purchase the Confluence app at the 25-user tier. The app will only function if its license matches or exceeds the tier of the host product – even if only some of your licensed users need to use the app.

For Jira, you must purchase the app license that matches the highest Jira application tier. For example, if you have a 500-User Jira Software license, and a 20-Agent Jira Service Desk license, your Jira apps must be at the 500-User level. 

Pablo Castillo March 25, 2020

Thank you very much. 

Paul Nel May 7, 2023

This is a horrible model for users.  Not all users use all apps.  I end up paying $1 - $2 per user for every bit of additional functionality I need even if I only have one user that need to use a specific app. I end up paying $20 - $50 per month for this app depending on how many Jira user I have.

And there are so many things that should be included natively in a documentation application that is only available through paid for apps!

Surely I am not the only one that finds this annoying? 

Like # people like this
Sameer Rikhi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2023

This also doesn't make any sense to me.  I can't use Confluence properly because of this model.

Like # people like this
0 votes
iDa Khoshvaght
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2023

Hi Paul,

Third-party add-ons are designed, managed and priced by their vendor. Some plugins were featured with permission configuration such as Tempo, however, not all of them have this concept.

Since the plugin is technically available for every user in Jira (content/features/reports/etc), the number of subscribed users to the plugin is the same that you have in Jira Software.

Hope this is helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events