Can I in the JQL filters use user parameters instead of hardcoded values?

Mikael Persson February 21, 2020

Hi

I'm using a lot of Quick filters to switch focus for a JIRA Board or similar. Let's say there are 15 persons that could be Assignee of a case. I would then need to create 15 Quick filters for everyone of these persons, like "Assignee = abc123" and so on....

I would like to create a filter with an user parameter inout instead, like "Assignee = [Give assignee]" and then when running Query JIRA should open a dialouge box Asking for user input, like "Give Assignee:______".

Is that possible to do in anyway?

Best regards / Micke

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Another option on a Kanban board is to configure Swimlanes based on Assignee, that way you can collapse/expand each swimlane depending on which assignee you want to look at.

Hi, Yes, I've seen that on other boards. Could be an alternative, thanks :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

No this isn't possible.  But take a look at this plugin, it's great for allowing you to filter dashboards based on any field:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214789/rich-filters-for-jira-dashboards

I'll check out. Thanks :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events