Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have more than one glossary in Confluence?

Peter Marshall Vining January 18, 2017

I'm using the Glossary add-on to create a glossary in Confluence. Our Confluence administrator made a Glossary space for me, and that's where I'm making the glossary.

Is it possible to have another glossary? Would my Confluence administrator have to make a second space called, for example, Glossary of Technical Terms. Going further, could I have several spaces like Glossary of Technical Terms, Glossary of Marketing Terms, and Glossary of Solutions Delivery Terms?

If creating separate glossary spaces isn't the way to go, what do other people do when they need more than one glossary?

1 answer

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2017

Hi Peter,

You said, "what do other people do when they need more than one glossary?"

We have just one instance, to avoid people having to think, "Hmmm, which glossary might I look this term up in?, or ".which..to add this term to?"

We actually widened the concept from "glossary" to a Company '-pedia', as that can include items that aren't necessarily glossary terms per se.  That wider umbrella can include almost anything an employee might need information: our locations, information about our suppliers or customers, and so forth.

Also, we are seeing a growing number of company-sanctioned apps in the enterprise, and that was becoming hard for employees to keep on top of. They can find links to some of them in our portal, but our '-pedia' goes a step further by helping to point out to them not only where company-sanctioned applications are, but what they are - via a link to it's -pedia page, which includes other helpful details (how to provision, how to install, etc.).

A collection of these listed apps are listed in a special page in the -pedia, linked from the home page; it includes both a direct link to the application (where that applies, i.e. the application doesn't require downloading or licensing but is available to all employees) and a direct link to its -pedia page.

We have over 6000 terms/items entered so far. We do use labels to help delineate content types from each other, but many just use the search option in our "one-stop shop".

Hope this helps. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events