Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I group labels in Confluence? Can I separate a pull of labels from all other labels in a space?

Yana Novikava October 11, 2019

Can I group labels in Confluence? Can I separate a pull of labels from all other labels in a space and display it on a certain page as a list or a tag cloud only comprising these chosen labels?

We have a corporate knowledge base, and users add there own random labels to pages. I need to create a non-hierarchichal structure of the space using my own set of labels. I need other users to see this predefined set of labels to quickly find information based on their roles.  I don't want to restrict other users in making their own tags, but I need a page where only my set of labels is displayed. Can this be solved? 

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2019

HI Yana - Confluence doesn't offer this out of the box.  The best tool I have used for managing a label taxonomy's controlled vocabulary while still allowing a label folksonomy is Targeted Search by Brikit.  

Yana Novikava October 14, 2019

Hi Michael! Thank you for the answer. Do you know maybe there is a free alternative for the feature? Also, this one only can be installed on the server version, not the cloud :(

Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi Yana - None free that I'm aware of.  For cloud there are two apps that help you clean up / manage labels that are created, but none for controlling them.

Like Yana Novikava likes this
Yana Novikava October 14, 2019

Thank you. Maybe we can write a user macro then to group them.

Yana Novikava October 15, 2019

@Michael Kuhl {Appfire} correction: we need an app that actually works om Data Center. There is no problem with payed marcos, but Targeted Search by Brikit. only is good for Server.  Do you know any others that suit for Data center? Or maybe a template for the display of labels to write a user custom macro? Thank you!

Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2019

Label Tools for Confluence Script Runner appears to do what you need, although I have no experience with it. 

Regarding DC compatibility: Consider reaching out to Brikit to see where they are on getting certified for DC and if they would support the server edition in DC in the meantime. 

I can't think of a way to do this in a user macro because you need a persistence mechanism outside of the page or space to store the catalog of labels.  At that point you really are writing a full app which Brikit and Adaptavist have done already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events